Monday 26 July 2010

SX Urban Games.





































I did well on my recent visit to Gateshead and won a gold and a bronze in my two races. The times weren't all that but it's a slow track for wheelchairs so I wasn't too concerned. I only have a competition at Crystal Palace on the 15th left this season though I may enter some 10k/half marathons to keep me going a bit longer.








Yesterday I attended the 'SX Urban Games' in Central Park, Chelmsford in my capacity as Team Essex Ambassador and I found the whole event really exciting and very interesting. They had some very talented skateboarders, BMX riders, street gymnasts, 3 on 3 basketball, freestyle footballers, and a brilliant young man called Bass6 who is a human beatbox. I couldn't believe the sounds he was creating just with his voice!








I really enjoyed the day and it was really nice to present the prizes to the winners of the various competitions. It's nice to see that there are so many talented youngsters around, and it was also nice to see different sports from the more traditional variety.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home