Wednesday 7 July 2010

Switzerland and After.







I had a fairly successful trip to Switzerland and took part in two meetings from our base in Zurich. I was quite pleased with my performances, especially in the 200m where I just missed out on a Personal Best time by less than a second. I desperately need a new racing chair and that will be my priority in the coming months. Unfortunately, wheelchair racing is a sport where the quality of your chair really does make a difference. I'm happy with my fitness and training and looking forward to another competition in Gateshead this coming Sunday.



Today I was very honoured to be invited to speak at the 'Habits of Highly Successful Women Conference 2010' in London to 300 girls of all ethnic backgrounds. I was in exalted company as the other speakers were; Kamel Hothi, Baroness Susan Greenfield, Schona Jolly, Lorraine Pascal, Vicky Jewson, and Alix Pryde, all highly successful women. I think it is fantastic that the young women of today have so many inspirational female role models to look up to. I wish they'd been there in Kenya when I was growing up.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home