Tuesday 9 March 2010

'Playground To Podium'.


Today I attended an event in Chelmsford as part of the Essex Team Ambassadors Scheme. The event was held at Chelmsford Sport and Athletic Park and was attended by around 70 children who attend mainstream school but have a disability. It was a taster day and children were given the opportunity to try different sports. It was a fantastic event and it was lovely to see the children enjoying themselves. I also enjoyed speaking to them about my own sport and achievements, and showing them some of the medals I have won during my career.
Training is going on well and I've finally managed to get out on the road with no problems. It was good to push on my normal 10 mile route and it felt great to be out and about again. I've changed my push rims to half an inch bigger in an attempt to improve my pushing technique. I'll let you know how it goes once I've given it a fair trial.
This evening its back on the track for some speed endurance work with my trainer, Ken Day. He's a perfectionist and he really makes me sweat, but I value the time he spends yelling at me and encouraging me to work to my limits! Talk about hard taskmaster!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home