Wednesday 22 February 2012

Life's A Gas!


It's been quite a difficult week for training because my usual running track at Mark Hall has been inaccessible due to a leaky boiler, so I have been forced to spend more time in the gym and out on the road. Fortunately, whatever was broken has now been fixed and my first track session was yesterday in a howling wind. Not good for speed work but at least I was back on track! After not seeing my coach for so long he greeted me as though I'd just got back from a long trip but he made sure the session was a tough one! He's a hard taskmaster.

I really enjoy doing roadwork though it can be very gruelling pushing ten miles. However, the bit I do enjoy is when I'm cooling down because that's when I meet so many interesting people. For example, last week I met a lady with four gorgeous white dogs. She told me they were Hungarian Commodores called Daz, Kez, Denis, and Oz. They have won several dog shows and are due to appear in another one soon. They took an instant shine to me and wouldn't leave me alone. I was chuffed. It's a shame they couldn't sing,'Three Times A Lady' in Hungarian.

I really learned a lot seeing the granny who took on the Health Minister and heckled him. One day the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich - and then there will be equality!!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 22 February 2012 at 14:37 , Blogger blacka said...

You know when you said that you meet so many interesting people? I was searching the internet for an organisation called Results - its where ordinary people meet and learn about an issue concerning world hunger and or injustice and write to their MP's. I'm glad to know that it still exists as the last time I was connected to it was in 1987. To cut a long story short, I discovered your site as disability in developing countries is relevant to your story and I am a black man born with Spina Bifida.

I am knocked out by your success story after life has given you such a rough ride. I wish you well for the Paralympics and send good wishes to your familiy. I look forward to hearing more about your training in your blogs. At least we are nearly over the bad weather now. Good luck. Blacka

 
At 27 February 2012 at 13:40 , Blogger Anne-Wafula Strike said...

Thanks Blacka.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home