Thursday 24 November 2011

Right to Play.

Last week ended with a filming session for 'Right to Play'. This is a charity I represent as an Athlete Ambassador. I support them because they use sport and play for development to improve the lives of children in the most disadvantaged areas of the world. You can learn more about this great charity by visiting their website; www.righttoplay.org.uk

Apart from doing the filming I had a meeting in London with Everetta Days. She is a former model from the USA and is writing a global modelling book she hopes will change how people perceive beauty. We had a giggle together. She has a lovely bubbly personality and it was a pleasure to spend time with her. I look forward to reading her book when it's published, and I'm also looking forward to meeting her again in America.

Training has been going really well, despite the poor weather we have been having. If it gets too bad I train indoors, otherwise it's out on the road and track. Yesterday I returned from London and was feeling good so I went on the track and met my coach. We knew what we were going to do but for some reason things didn't go to plan and just fell apart. My gloves didn't feel right, my push rims were slipping and even my warm up didn't feel right. It all made me feel a bit low and as I drove home I tried to analyse what had gone wrong. However, I couldn't find an answer and just put it down as one of those things that happens to every athlete now and again. Today is another day and we'll see what happens.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home