Wednesday 3 July 2013

It's a Long Road.

I haven't been able to blog for a while due to personal reasons and because my wrist has been injured. I am on a very long roller-coaster but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. As I constantly say to myself - no quitting because the cave I may fear to enter holds the treasure that I seek.. I do not want great things from life, but rather small things that will definitely make my life even greater. Nelson Mandela once said;'The greatest glory in living is not in failing, but rising every time we fall and coming back stronger and wiser'. The world seems to be waiting for him to pass but when he does the world will be a poorer place. May God bless him!

My training has really suffered due to my wrist injury meaning I will not be taking part in the IPC World Championships in France later this month but I have had to stay positive and give every moment of life permission to delight me and wake up feeling positive every morning. Anyway, I am healing and very soon I will be able to train. I can't wait.

One consolation has been being able to give my support to others in the community. I really enjoyed my day with the youngsters taking part in the Panathlon Challenge Finals held in Basildon, Essex. The smiles on the faces of the young people as they participate in sport are a joy to behold. Every time I visit them I am strongly reminded that a meaningful life is about being real, being humble and being able to share ourselves and touch the lives of others. These young people should be an inspiration to us all.

Your World Healthcare Recruitment have been my greatest supporters so it was a pleasure to visit them and show my Paralympic Torch to the staff. My visit was crowned with a generous donation to my charity, The Olympia-Wafula Foundation, and the money will be well spent in helping children in Kenya to access education, which is just one of the projects we run.

Life is a one time offer, so let's use it well. XXXX


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home