Friday 1 April 2011

No Pain No Gain

Training has been really hard for the past week or so and I've put in an awful lot of work. I've been to the Mark Hall track for speedwork and gym work, and in between its been out on the cycle paths of Harlow doing endurance work. It's more enjoyable to train on the road than on the track but its really the work on the track that counts because I'm a sprinter. Lately, just like a lot of other people, I've been feeling low about certain things in my life but I don't have time to dwell on them because I don't want to lose focus. I've found a different way of addressing the issues. It's true, I just can't afford the luxury of feeling sorry for myself because there are millions of people out there who are a lot worse off than I am, in Libya to give just one example. At least I haven't been caught up in Tsunami's or earthquakes or nuclear disasters like those poor people in Japan. Still, there's light at the end of the tunnel for me. This Sunday I will be doing a 10k to raise funds for St.Clare Hospice and that puts everything into perspective really.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home