Sunday 4 August 2013

Burning Candle for mama.

I am lighting this candle in honour of my MUM.

Those we love go away only physically but the beautiful memories walk besides us and inside us every day.
Unheard, unseen, but very near.
Still loved, still missed and very dear.

I miss the touch of her dear hands, so gentle and kind.
I miss her smile, her laughter, her wise, kind and soothing words.

When I was rejected, mama held me securely in her arms - close to her bosom and sometimes strapped me securely on to her back.
I know she wanted me to be happy than be filled with tears of sadness and sorrow -
Mama taught me love, kindness, honesty ....
Mama taught me gratitude and said it was bad manners to grumble.

So I try my best to honour her memory -
Unheard, unseen but very near.
Still loved, still missed and very dear.
 (From me Anne Olympia Naliaka Wafula-Strike. In memory of my beloved, mother,Ruth Rosoline Nekesa Wafula)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home