Friday 3 July 2009

Harlow Sports Awards 09.

It's interesting that when you are an athlete and start doing well how this can lead on to other things. For example, yesterday after I'd done my usual 10 miles training it was back home for a nice hot bath and then getting dressed in my posh clothes to give a short talk at a function I'd been invited to.
It was held at Harlow Town Football Ground, a lovely venue with a great view of the pitch from the windows of the Functions Suite. It was the official launch of the Harlow Sports Awards 09.The awards started last year and I was a recipient of the Disability Award, presented to me by the famous cricketer Graham Gooch, so I was honoured to be asked to give a short talk on the Importance of Sport as part of the launch. I think it went well.
Afterwards it was nice to chat to the other guests who included Councillor Tony Hall and his wife, Robert Halfon, the Conservative candidate at the next election, Neil Mann, who won the Services to Sport Award last year, and the man who has the unenviable task of trying to teach me to swim, plus up and coming sporting talents James Huckle and Mark Hunt. I really enjoyed myself and it was a nice break from the rigours of training.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home